Weipa Watchdog is a tongue-in-cheek blog that seeks to entertain and occasionally report.
Got a gripe? You can comment anonymously below each post or email us:
weipawatchdog@yahoo.com.au or write a "Dear Watch Dog" letter and we'll post it on the site.


Also an anonymous FEEDBACK BOX can be found at the bottom of this page.
.
.


.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Feedback from the Box

The Feedback Box at the bottom of this website has spat forth another comment from the cyberspace:

Oh for shame that on my second last day in this interesting place that I find someone with a sense of humour who isn't afraid to show it.

I have learnt some weird and wonderful things during my short time here.

Yes, Woolies are a thieving pack of bastards selling dodgy fruit and veg. Somewhere in the back recesses of my mind I hear a jingle proclaiming something about the fresh food people. It must have been some city based ad company's bright idea. However, the Weipa Woolies staff have to be the friendliest checkout chicks and shelf stackers I've met in a long time.

Dust - aahh the joy. Where else can you step out of a shower to be lovingly coated the fine red film? I've come to believe that it is the only way to determine a 'true' Weipa-ite.

The nightly parade of bachelors near the Evan's Landing phone box. Ladies - truly a sight to see. Telstra may be responsible for the lonely hearts of Weipa connecting.

I've also been told a tale of the almighty alumina God descending from his undoubtedly airconditioned and dust free heaven to assert his right to enter any and all dwellings within the township to determine the number of serfs residing within.

Personally, I'd throw open the hereto padlocked gates and welcome said alumina God with open arms. I think he'd enjoy a cup of tea that he needs to compete with the flies to drink, bikkies that have been kept in the freezer to hide them from the ants and if it all gets too much I can offer him a shower (cold only, no luxury of hot water here) and a nice lie down, after I remove the dustcovers from the bed.

And Top Dog, I discovered that Weipa has a mobile dog wash. Surely their business will boom with the New Nanum dusty dog explosion ;)


Car washes, dog washes ... all this bloody dust ... I've had to wash me kids once a day as well. The little buggers aren't too keen on the bucket and hose though.

Also, I'll second the statement about the Woolies staff ... you guys rock. Top shelf product all of you.

No comments: