Weipa Watchdog is a tongue-in-cheek blog that seeks to entertain and occasionally report.
Got a gripe? You can comment anonymously below each post or email us:
weipawatchdog@yahoo.com.au or write a "Dear Watch Dog" letter and we'll post it on the site.


Also an anonymous FEEDBACK BOX can be found at the bottom of this page.
.
.


.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Talkfest

Pat on the back for Rio and the public info sessions on a range of topics - shame the public didn't outnumber the orange shirts but it was good to get feedback on environmental issues that I personally struggle with.

Am I comforted by what I heard? Probably not, but I appreciated the discussions and we can always live in hope of better outcomes.

I hear public attendance was poor across all the info sessions which doesn't bode well if complaints have been forthcoming and the public doesn't take the opportunity these sessions provide. Are we all that complacent or skeptical of the responses?

It's comforting to remain anonymous, look even I get solace in that, but sometimes we have to come out of our shells and have a voice. The mining we do here forever changes the landscape - there is no returning it to its original state unless we have several lifetimes up our sleeves so its vitally important its done in a balanced way.


Lost Dog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the pat on the back.
How about one session not three every 3 months.

Anonymous said...

I also agree with the pat on the back,
as long as the hand doing the patting, is holding a knife, long and sharp.