Weipa Watchdog is a tongue-in-cheek blog that seeks to entertain and occasionally report.
Got a gripe? You can comment anonymously below each post or email us:
weipawatchdog@yahoo.com.au or write a "Dear Watch Dog" letter and we'll post it on the site.


Also an anonymous FEEDBACK BOX can be found at the bottom of this page.
.
.


.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Did you miss out?

With just 17 votes between them it is a little bit concerning that some potential voters did not get an opportunity to cast a vote.
Acording to the rumour mill between 60 to 70 people were informed they were not on the role. Watchdog has been told some had enroled last year!
The electorial role closed on Thursday 31st January for this election, if you had enroled before this date you should have been able to vote, that is providing the correct role was used.
If you enroled after that date you missed out!
If you enroled before that date and missed out let us know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lodged a postal vote in the federal election due to the election falling around the time I was still living quite some distance south of here. At any rate, my wife and I got one of those enrollment forms each and filled it out with our new Weipa residential details and handed it back to the AEC attendees. Meanwhile, a few months later we get a bill for $20.00 dollars each for not lodging our vote (huh?) and when we turned up to vote for Carrie on Saturday, lo & behold we are not on the roll for Weipa. I don't know what went wrong, but I know two things - My wife's and my votes did not count for the federal election and neither did they count for the local election... I can't help but feel a little cheated.