Weipa Watchdog is a tongue-in-cheek blog that seeks to entertain and occasionally report.
Got a gripe? You can comment anonymously below each post or email us:
weipawatchdog@yahoo.com.au or write a "Dear Watch Dog" letter and we'll post it on the site.


Also an anonymous FEEDBACK BOX can be found at the bottom of this page.
.
.


.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Bad Dog




Talk about being a bad watchdog ...

I've been an absolute dis-service for the last few weeks. I haven't chucked a post on here since my last Woolies rant.

But alas, I'm back ... smaller and crappier than ever.

You see I'm trying rid myself of this blog and hand it over to some other folks.

I'm not sure how often they will post... more than me I'd guess. And I certainly can't guarantee that they'll be hardcore whingers like me. Thankfully they seem keen to have a shot at this blog while I focus more on life's important things like er... rum and cricket. The new mob have even threatened to throw their names on their posts too. Which probably means they will lose every single one of their few friends!! Personally I'd suggest they sign their posts using a nickname like everyone else on the internet.

I've heard around the traps that some folk are a little reluctant to send in any emails because they are scared of having their names known by myself or anyone else that posts on the blog.

I totally empathise with these people. Which is why I've added an anonymous feedback form at the bottom of the page. Feel free to rant without a care...

It truly sucks when you want to pull some bastard up and clarify some home truths ... only to realise speaking out may result in you losing your job ... friend ... wife.

Talking of bastards ... (it's a joke)

Full marks to RIO for acknowledging that the public wants info about their community. The big-wigs have scheduled some Public Info Sessions at the Council Chambers for the following dates:

Wednesday 27th Feb -- 5 to 8pm
Thursday 28th Feb -- Noon to 3pm
Saturday 1st March -- 10am to 1pm

There's a whole host of topics that they will cover during the sessions. No doubt some of the info will inevitably be public relations spin but that's up to you lot to decide what info should be cleared through your personal bullshit filter.

If any of you actually turn up! Top Gear is on SBS on Monday night and the early episodes are on Saturday night ... so there's no friggin excuse.

Except if you're on a 'promise'.

Cheers
Top Dog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the flies knocking - thought the PO was going to get it - but no poor old Woolies copping it again - and rightly so - sick of flies, old fruit and veg - why can't we have decent specials for a change. At least the flies don't mind s... quality food - have you seen how healthy they are - they aren't complaining.

Anonymous said...

I guess your readers will have to step up to the mark and provide more content either in new leads or comments on existing posts.
Also a message to "Ann Onymous", Thanks for your posts, I look forward to many more.